Ginseng Consulting Services
P. Quinquefolius is a demanding plant, and grows well only with the right amount of shade, soil drainage, and proper micro-environment of nutrients and surrounding plants. In addition, it should be understood that a minimum of 7 years are needed before wild-grown American ginseng produces harvestable roots.
Shaw-Black Farm offers consulting services to help you determine if your property is appropriate for wild ginseng cultivation, and on how to plant and care for wild American ginseng. Listed below are the services we offer:
Property Assessment for Wild American Ginseng
Shaw-Black Farm will assess your property in person for suitability for wild American ginseng production. This service includes:
- An in-person site visit to your property.
- Overall inspection of property suitability for ginseng.
- A detailed inspection and documentation of specific property areas that are most likely to be successful in producing wild American ginseng.
- Measurement of overall shade at such locations.
- Inspection for indicator plants associated with suitable ginseng ‘microenvironments’.
- A written report documenting our findings.
If interested, please E-mail us a request for a quote and terms to ShawBlackLLC@gmail.com or call 859-957-9305 for more information